My Feedback so far
After creating a website: https://youthful-aryabhata-f1654e.netlify.app/ in Graphite, here is the feedback
Ease of use
- Layer and section Renaming
- 'Add' panel separately and 'layer' panel separately. (I want to add an element directly in the layer panel rather than the screen)
- Absolute layer alignment
- Send to back , send to front
- Hide option in layer panel same like figma with eye icon
- Components like Figma
- custom icons without faIcon name
- take me to column or layer when i click it in panel
- design styles- font and color for mobile and tab separately just like Grid.
Not working or errors
- Hide on Device- for absolute
- Hiding layer on Desktop hides in Mobile as well
- Hide on device still shows up when it is hideen, it should be showing show on device instead.
- Expand option in Animation.(Search bar expanding)
- Menu drop down button
- a functional search that actually searches the website
- blur effect or glass morphism
- custom fonts
- Embed video without code snippet.
- Clicking on object A moves Object B in animation. ( Eg: Clicing on search button expands the input field of seach)
- Scroll to sections in same page.( eg: clicking on features button scrolls down to features of the same page)
- More responsive break points for more devices
- option to change netlify sub domain name
- Figma to Graphite plugin like Quest.ai
What will make me choose Graphite as a UI / UX designer :
- Provide unlimited files to create and publish in netlify same like Figma (in free tier)
- Same design possibilities as of Webflow
- Cheaper Hosting like Dorik.io
Why I don't use Webflow?
- Restricts me to just 2 files and just 2 pages
- Clients dont want webflow because of high hosting fees.
Why I don't use Wordpress?
- hundreds of plugins
- less security
- Less design possibilites
Tools am trying on the side along with Graphite